Re: Valve tap dilemna...

On Fri, 5 May 2000 22:58:12 -0400 Eric L Ellis <elf16v@juno.com> writes:

>If you do need to change your pump, I agree that you can do it yourself
>in an afternoon.

True, you only need a new pump, oil pan gasket and oil and your all set.
Just be sure to have a 1/4" drive socket set to get the last couple bolts
out between the tranny and oil pan.

>The only thing other than removing the pan that is
>necessary, is the removal of the distributor hole cap so you can
>install the new pump.

Not true, there is an easier way. You can simply install the pump and
rotate it until the shaft slides into the distributor slot. The oil pump
sits flush with the block, thats how you know its installed right.
Otherwise you have a 1/4" gap. Rotate the pump back to line up the bolt
holes, simple.

Shawn Meze
86' Jetta GLi 8V                   84' Scirocco 8V <--NEW
82' Scirocco GTi -FSP 30-   81' future "Project Scirocco FSP"
The Fastest, Quickest, Cleanest and best looking Scirocco in all of San
Diego!