Timing... Was: ND is a no go for me...

<snip> from Andre...

>  I also realized something else,
> even tho your car wasnt tuned for that elevation, my cars pulley
> alignment was way off, Chris D will attest to that as he helped me
> figure out why my car was so slow on whinding up, even tho the timing
> was on.  Damn TDC marks werent lining up...

Hmmm...this sounds like a possible similarity to my 1.8 16v's symptoms...
the car was just put back together so the timing is still off a bit, but
my car is soooo sluggish!  It has such a hard time getting the engine to
wind up and get *power*....just feels so weak until 4k or so...
Do you think that this could just be timing?  Or what else?
Thanks

=====