Alternator Q

My alternator is noisy as all hell...The bearing of the alternator (the
visible bearing near the throwing star looking thing) is squealing and
screaching like crazy...I took a screw driver and put one end up to the metal
of the alternator and the other to my ear to so that I could hear the
bearing...definately a bad bearing...My question is, can I just replace that
bearing? Or do I have to buy a whole new alternator? And where/how much can I
get the bearing or alternator for?

Stephen