Re: muffler for a 16v(more)

Steve H" <kracker@UDel.Edu> writes:
> OK, now for the real controversy.  To Resonate or not to
> Resonate...THAT is the question !!
Resonate!

> Im in no way worried about volume,
> but what I am concerned about is tone....
Then don't get the Magnaflow...

> Im planning on getting the TT Downpipe w/cat and
> their 2.25" Cat Back with the manaflow muffler...I have heard that
> ditching the resionator makes it sound 'ricey'...Is that true ?

Yes... It will sound ricey and really loud.
Like Anthony said, the Magnaflow will sound okay at first...
In Delaware you need the stainless system, which comes with an Ultraflo
or Borla muffler.
I went with the Ultraflo, because this way I can cut it off and have it
exchanged for a new one at my local WD, whenever I need to.
This is especially useful if you have to swap exhaust to another car.

> I have not yet heard a TT system on a Rocco..so I figured that I may as
well
> ask you guys...
I have the 2 1/4" TT with the Magnaflow and the resonator,
I don't like the way it sounds, and it would sound even worse without a
resonator.

> Thanks in Advance,
>    Steve H
>  '8 16v Rocco
>
> PS - I 'thought' I saw a post a while back where they got a muffler
> from TT that had dual outlets so that it looked somewhat like
stock...true ?
They have a dual tip that fits their exhaust and the S216V,  part no. 254
270,
and it's ~$35.
I think that is what the "post a while back" referred to.

Peter
'79 Scirocco 16V project car
'84 Scirocco 2.0L
'83 GTI
'80 Scirocco, '88 Scirocco 16V, '86 GLi for parts