My scirroco (1985 8v)

Hello all well I am happy to say that I am about to start some solo I &
II racing this summer! I have front and rear sway bars (22mm) but one
bad thing is that i still have 13inch stock rims and winter tires! LOL.
I am saving up for 15x7 rims called kemais there $139 each, they look
good and are fairly light too, I was going to buy some good tires but I
decided to go with some canadian tire brand, they are H rated and most
of all my prob is I just dont have the money. They are 225 50 15, and I
though the price was good. Another thing I want to do is shave my head a
little for better compression wondering if anyone has any advice ideas,
about doing this. How much horsepower can I squeeze out by shaving the
head? Also any advance for solo racing?

THANKS ALL

Shawn Falzarano
Winnipeg, Manitoba