RE: break caliper color question???

TAKE IT OFF!!! That is, if you don't like over-spray on your car! That stuff
seems to manage to get everywhere. You also have to really clean the snot
out of the parts with a wire brush or the paint probably won't stick too
well (difficult with it attached). Even the thought of the mess makes it
worth the extra $10 for new fluid and 20 extra minutes of your time.
Besides, you can't bleed your brakes too often, right?

You'll also want to do the carrier brackets, since they wrap around to the
front of the rotor. I'd also recommend doing the splash shields (probably in
black) if yours are rusty. I did the fronts, and they look really nice, but
the bolts on the rear wouldn't come off easily so I didn't mess with them.
Now I'm wishing I had taken the extra time, 'cause it's kind of tragic to
see a beautiful wheel with shiny new rotors, bright red calipers, and a
rusty splash shield behind it all...

Neal