Re: Scirocco-heaven

On Tue, 2 May 2000 14:07:23 +0200, you wrote:

>>> I came across an old photograph,
>>> taken on the Karmann-factory in 1976

Dirk,

Are you sure about the date of the photo?  It looks like there are
several Lagunenblau L50C color cars, which AFAIK were 1975 only.
Aside from colors, the only way I could distinguish 75 from 76 cars
(from the outside) were the side marker lights.  1975 cars had a
chrome ring surrounding the light and the 76 did not.

I saw a similar scene when touring the Karmann plant in 1986, but
since there were only Mk 2s, I didn't take the picture :-)

Gordon
75 Mk1/Drake 1.9 8V
http://home.att.net/~gforbess/scirocco/scirocco.htm