Re: Suspension Gurus!!!!

On Mon, 1 May 2000 23:30:36 EDT Dsrtwnd16V@aol.com writes:
> Hey guys & gurls,
> My 16v now has a front autocrap 22m? bar, stock rear bar, koni's,
> neuspeed lowering springs, rear poly bushings, all front rubber
bushings,
> upper front tie bar, 15" rims, P700z's, and the alignment is -1degree
camber
> with 1/16th toe out.  Ever since I've put the front bar(2 or 3 weeks)
I've had a
> LOT more  understeer when pushing hard in turns. I'm not totally
comfortable
> with it  yet. Which direction should I go in adjusting the Koni's and
will it
> really help much?  Also, should I hurry up and put my 25mm bar on the
back
> or does it really matter since the stock is about the same size.
Thanks in
> advance!
>
> Dan May - Greensboro NC
> 8716VScirocco
> '79Scirocco
> 95Pathfinder(for SALE)
> http://members.aol.com/scirocco87

Yeah man, install the bigger bar. It is normal for the car to understeer
with a 22mm front bar, and a stock 16V rear bar.

It should be pretty neutral with the 22 and 25 mm setup.

Peter
'79 Scirocco 16V project car
'84 Scirocco 2.0L
'83 GTI
'80 Scirocco, '88 Scirocco 16V, '86 GLi for parts