Engine ticks

Hello all,

    A long time ago I posted about my '84 Rocco with a '86 1.8l 8v engine w/hydraulic valves.  The engine apparently was sitting for a year before I got it and when I bought the car the engine was ticking pretty good. I re-did the fuel mixture and timing - used tranny fluid and all the other junk - no luck... Then about 3 months later, it went away!  I am guessing my valves leaked out and it took a while to build up the pressure...  Last week I did a tune up and oil change and guess what? It started ticking again!  Could this be that my valves leaked out again - could the seals be that worn? Are there any adjustments for hydraulic valves?

Help!