Re: vacuum leak questions

On Mon, 1 May 2000 14:40:38 -0400 "Ryan McCarthy"
<rmccarthy777@email.msn.com> writes:
> Yes, this is a good way to check for leaks. It helps if you don't use
> the non-flammable brake clean.
>
> Ryan
No No, do not spray brake clean in the engine compartment, carb cleaner
is much safer, or you could use propane.

> > I've heard that if you spray Carb Cleaner near where the intake
> plenum bolts to the head and the idle goes up that you have a vacuum
leak there
> (told to me by a reputable mechanic). This might work on vacuum lines
as
> well. This is only hearsay, never tried it.
> > Anyone else out there heard of this before?
Yeah man, and it works.

> > Common sense tells me to keep this spray away from the exhaust
> manifold unless you have a real good fire extinguisher handy, DOH !
> > HTH.
> >
> > Randy B
I wouldn't sweat it...

Peter
'79 Scirocco 16V project car
'84 Scirocco 2.0L
'83 GTI
'80 Scirocco, '88 Scirocco 16V, '86 GLi for parts