Re: Carfax access..OUCH!!!

FWIW,

Several of my friends from the software company I used to work at started
Carfax, I am rather familiar with the details of their operation.

They are very conscientious about posting accurate information, but consider
two things:

1.) Their source of information -- most comes from state DMVs. They have
been getting more and more creative in acquiring Insurance industry data,
EPA smog data, and even manufacturers maintenance records, from those that
keep them, and will sell them to a third party.

2.) Ain't a one of them that would call himself a car guy. That's why I
don't work there with them ;) They claim I am too closely involved with the
data to maintain objectivity. (And also I've never coded PL1, but that's
trivial...)

These two combine to sometimes give inaccurate information. They do the best
they can with the numbers they get.

Rocco Content: I finally found the last remaining vacuum leak on my car, so
it now actually responds when I stomp the go pedal, Ya-Hoo!

cheers,

tiAn
stuff...