How to tell caliper mounts apart? and some happy news (long)

Ok, slap me and call me stupid...

Is there any way to tell which caliper mount goes on
which side of the car?  Does it make a difference?  I
notice there are different numbers. The part number
appears to be the same (2602100023.9) but the #'s that
are different
one side - FJG83 19deg 6K
other sd - FJG83 28deg DK

I know which caliper goes on which side, but the
mounting brackets look real similar.

The boxes I was keeping all the parts separate in got
mixed up by someone who decided to clean up my mess in
the garage while I was at work...

In other news - almost done with the front end
rebuild.  It took me 45min with a pipe wrench to get
the very old and floppy drivers side tie rod off.  Now
I am just waiting on my box of candy packed with new
boots, rotors, pads, (and for the upcoming rear end
rebuild - drums, shoes, bearings and all kinds of
other goodies) to show up from Potterman.

And the happy news - A scirocco found a good home in
Durango last month.  Someone I knew inherited an 82
scirocco.  We spent several weekends scrounging parts
in the local yards, he had it repainted, and as soon
as it started looking real tight, he SELLS IT for a
POS beat up Toyota truck! I wanted to smack him.  So,
Saturday night I was at the drive-in (yes, we have one
of like 20 functioning drive in's left in the country)
and I see the little gold Scirocco.  Of course I have
to go over and talk to him, and he is totally pumped
about his car.  He was about 20, and tells me how he
has wanted a scirocco since he was 15, but has never
been able to find one in good enough condition
anywhere he has lived.  He has owned it a month and
already sporting 14" wire audi rims, and some other
cool junkyard finds.  And of course, on the side
window is the WWW.SCIROCCO.ORG sticker that I put
there around X-Mas time.

Well, you might not think it is a good story, but it
made me happy.  Oh, and the Drive-in feature (mission
to mars) WAY to predictable. I have seen that same
plot hashed out 3 times in as many months.

Later

=====
Mark

87 Westfalia Gl