Re: Fuba question

> Question - I have a new Fuba coming in my buttload of parts via Potter.
> The shop wants to know how to get the current one off.  Mike says that >
he's not sure whether the cable is a 2-piece job - i.e. just drop the >
headliner at the back, disconnect and pull the top end out - or if it's >
one piece, which would make it considerably more of a clusterfuck.  Who >
has wrestled with this on an '86.5 16V and can comment??

 Well, I just installed a Fuba on my 81 rocco.  The antenna came off of a
88 16v.  This antenna had the wire going directly into the base...meaning,
to take it out you will need to also run out the entire cable with it!
I think that this is the only option...
Good luck...can't wait to see pics after the car is done!!

=====