Re: fuel gauge

<< so you are saying that 220ohms empty and 47 ohms full? >>

That is correct. For a '75 through '79 Scirocco.

<< The reason I'm asking here is that I am going to put a full
 custom gauge panel in the corrado dash, and I am looking
 for the correct fuel gauge without having to change senders.
 The closest thing I show so far for VDO is 240-33ohm empty
 to full.
 Do you think this discrepency would throw the reading way off? >>

My guess is it won't really be off as much as it may not top out at full
because it's getting a reading of 47 ohms instead of 33 ohms from the sender.
 What I think may happen towards the "empty" mark is that the tank may be
empty sooner since at empty the sender puts out 220 ohms and the guage
doesn't think empty is until 240 ohms.  I thinks, just like any "new"
instrumentation, you will learn where is "full" and "empty" over time.
Let me know if my theory is correct.
GL.

-Dick-
78 Scirocco