Re: Shift linkage help

Benjamin Harder wrote:

<snip>
>I disconnected the clutch cable and tried to move that lever and it moved
>very easily...seems like this lever should be a bit hard to move since it
>is supposed to be pressing in the pressure plate...this makes me think
>that something was installed incorrectly.
<snip>

Benjamin,
You didn't perhaps forget to install the clutch release plate.
I actually did this once and as I was installing the trans I saw it on the
floor. I had to pull the trans back out, put the clutch release plate on and
then put the tranny back on the motor. Luckily I hadn't even gotten the
trans in position yet when I noticed my foible. Another possibility might be
missing pushrod, did you put that back in?
Hope you aren't as absent minded as I am. 8)
Randy B
Cosmos 81 Scirocco S - soon to be 2068cc 16V
Mars 81 Scirocco S - t t 1847cc 8V