Re: Shift linkage help

> Sounds like the clutch isn't disengaging all the way. Do you have more
> then 3/4 of an inch of freeplay at the pedal? Did you remember the
>release plate when you put it all together? And for the stumper: I have
>never heard or seen this happen to anyone elses car (of course) but one
>time I replaced my tranny with a used one the the clutch pushrod was too
>short and it wouldn't disengage the clutch enough.

Well, I tried a few more *tests* tonight and am now convinced that the
problem I have is something internal with the clutch and not just a simple
linkage adjustment...with the engine off I put the tranny into first gear
and then tried to start the car.  At the first crank the car began to move
forward (I had the clutch pedal in all the way!)  I think that the clutch
disk is not disengaging.  : /
I disconnected the clutch cable and tried to move that lever and it moved
very easily...seems like this lever should be a bit hard to move since it
is supposed to be pressing in the pressure plate...this makes me think
that something was installed incorrectly.  I have done a clutch once
before on my 81 rocco and followed the Bently for this job as well.  The
only thing that I can think of is the possiblility that I put the
throw-out bearing in wrong or something.  This is a 2Y (16v) tranny and my
old one was a AGB.
I am afraid that I'm going to have to take it all apart again!  Is there
anything else that I can check before tearing it apart again?
Thanks

=====