RE: I got a Audi 2.0!!!

Woohoo! Congrats!   I had to chime in with this one.... I picked up mine
today, too!  Just seeing the 2.0 on the block is a thrill.  1989 Audi 80
with about 95,000 miles, so it's still a baby :)

I don't forsee me doing the swap til next year, but would love to see input
from the few that have done the swap.  Seems rather straight forward - a
plate is needed to cover a hole on the front of the block, figure out which
distributor to use (possible adaptor plate needed), wire up a knock sensor,
bolt up my current 8V head, and have fun.

The hardest decision I forsee is how much to do to the block (balance, bore,
etc...)  If I keep it simple, it will be a very affordable swap and could
happen much sooner. :)

Anything good to do with the Audi head and manifolds besides a boat anchor?
They'll only be worth about $15 in scrap aluminum....

TIA!

Greg :)
DriversFound.com