(Non Roc Sort of) A blinking problem

Hey all!

I have a strange turn signal problem.  I recently put the front euro turn
signals on my Rabbit with euro bumpers (this Rabbit is basically a Scirocco
16v in disguise--has entire harness including computers, etc).  Since I have
made the change, the left front turn signal blinks twice as fast as the
right.  front and rear lights work (seems like it would be a bulb), checked
the flasher, even swapped the turn signal switch.  And, yes, I checked the
grounds.  I even swapped the two wires around on the turn signal.  These are
ONLY turn signals, not marker lights.  Any help would be appreciated and
TIA!!

Dave