Re: GTi Sciocco

At 11:01 AM 03/27/2000 -0500, Brent Cole wrote:
>Well I think we can eliminate the fact that my Scirocco Is a GTi. The ID
Plate starts off WVWCAXXXXCKXXXXXX. But, I would still like to know what
type it is. It was manufactured in 1982 but, it has two wiper blades on the
front which according to the history did not happen until 1984. Could it be
a Wolfsburg edition?

I can think of two reasons since I cannot picture VW retooling for that
panel just for a few cars.  1. someone welded in a panel from an '84 or
later car.  Why?  Damage or they liked the 2 wiper look more(Seems like a
lot of work for two wipers to me).  2. The car is possibly an '84 or later
car, IDed and registered, etc as an '82.  Why?  Possibly a problem titling
a later Scirocco, so you get an ID plate of an '82 that you already own or
can get a title to and there you go + cheaper insurance and registration
fees(not much though).  This seems to be most likely to me, but is just my
opinion.  I have the title and ID for an '84 lying around, no car, but I
could just put it on a Scirocco and use it.  See what I mean.

All of this is me assuming that where the second wiper mounts is
formed(with that little depression) like the other one, and not just a hole
drilled through the panel.

John Worden
Wayne, Maine
ICQ 1527476
'81 MkI w/2.0 16V (waiting for the spring)
'86 MkII 8V  (also waiting for the spring)
'98 Dodge Dakota 4x4
Later this year:
'75 wife and her
'98 Neon R/T