Re: WTB: 16v speedometer

Scott, are you sure about the MKII cluster being a drop-in replacement for
the A1 Jetta cluster?  I was of the understanding that MKII clusters were
on the same footprint as the A2 clusters...  They certainly look the same,
both in and out of the car.

The A2 cluster is certainly not a "drop-in" to the A1 Jetta dash.  I've
done this swap on my 83 Jetta TD, using an 88 Jetta TD cluster, and it
requires trimming of both the steering column support (may not be an issue
with a MKI Scirocco) and the instrument cluster housing, plus some
creative fasteners to keep it stable.  Of course, once it's in there, it
looks bone stock, but it's not a plug and play upgarde, IMHO.

I hope this info helps,

Drew

On Sun, 26 Mar 2000, Scott Williams wrote:

> Bruthas n' sistahs, I'm in need of a Scirocco 16v speedometer for my Mk1
> project. It drops right into the early Jetta's dash which I've already
> installed in the car. (Btw, that part was sourced from Chris Chemidlin's
> famous UGLi. The thing lives! -sort of...)
>
> Scott F. Williams

Drew MacPherson, Network Analyst, University of Guelph

drew@dyermaker.cs.uoguelph.ca           |  visit the Massey-Harris page:
http://dyermaker.cs.uoguelph.ca/~drew   |  http://m-h.cs.uoguelph.ca