Re: new rim follow up question.. tires?

I'm sorry Eric, i have to chime in with everyone on this one.

True the GT qualifiers are great burnout tires but that is about all they
are good for.
I have to seriously disagree about the entire Dunlop line though unless you
have driven at speed or on an autocross/roadcourse track with each and every
model they sell. To make a blanket statement that "Unless you buy Dunlops
for a bike, (and you can buy better) you are buying CRAP!" is a little
misleading to other list members that are looking into a new set of tires.

I have owned and pushed to the limit at least 15 different types of tires by
many brands. Some bad some good (none with a gun 8)  ). Each mfg that I have
tried had some bad tires and some good ones. Some tires were good in the
rain, some were good only on dry pavement. Tires can't be nutshelled without
knowing the exact use. BFG R1's are excellent tires but if you drive them
hard in the rain your gonna lose it big time, you get the picture.

The best tires I have ever owned were the Yokohoma AVS Intermediates, but
that's because I got them to work for me the way I wanted them to.
The Dunlop SP8000's were much cheaper when the AVS's needed replacement so I
got those. I am very happy with the Dunlops, not as good as the AVS's but
very respectible. I have autocrossed with them for over a 1 year now and
still use them on the street every day. They do not grip very well in the
rain is my only complaint about them.

I hope you don't take this the wrong way, just had to chime in on this.

Just my $.02

Randy B
Cosmos 81 Scirocco S - soon to be 2068cc 16V
Mars 81 Scirocco S - t t 1847cc 8V