Re: Neuspeed stress bar

Chris DeLong wrote:
>No they are not the same. Rabbit ones sit too high and interfere with hood
>clearance on the rocco. I have one for a MKI 8V 'rocco if anyone is
>interested.

I will concur with Chris DeLong on this one I have been running a Neuspeed
upper strut tie bar for a Rabbit (sold to me as a Scirocco one by a company
I wont mention) on my 81 Scirocco, and have the marks on the under side of
the hood to prove this point. For over a year I thought my strut towers were
just a little worn, or Neuspeed just didn't make a good bar. Then I bought
another Neuspeed bar from a different company for my other 81 Scirocco and
got the right one this time. The Rabbit bar will work, but it will leave
marks on the bar and the underside of the hood.
Hope this helps.
Randy B
Cosmos 81 Scirocco S - soon to be 2068cc 16V
Mars 81 Scirocco S - t t  1847cc