Re: Velocity Diff Kit

I've had this same problem on my two previous A1 Jettas and both times
it was a ball joint with lots!!! of play in it.  Bigger wheels and tires
will amplify this play on the road.  I would suggest you jack up your
car and check the suspension for looseness, paying particular attention
to the ball joint.  It should jump out at you right away usually just by
wiggling the strut assembly in and out.  Also, if you see rivets on the
ball joints then they are original and after 12 years and XXX,XXX amount
of miles are reaching the end of their service life anyway.  Good luck!

Mike
83 Scirocco GT