Re: my wife will kill me : Nr. 4 is bought....

Dirk!

That Convertible Scirocco looks great!  I just had a Targa top installed on
my Scirocco...

Where did they reinforce the Frame?

I had two large stainless steel beams welded all along the side just inside
of the doors...  basically running inside the car from the from wheelwell to
the rear one.

what did they do to your car?

I'm tempted to cut the back as well but I decided to see how badly it
handled and to my surprise it didn't handle that badly at all!  I also had a
strut brace welded on which works great... Of course I no longer push it as
hard as I did before the modification.

I want to get upper and lower stress bars just to limit roll as much as
possible, then lower it just for appearences sake...  No performance shocks.
  I'm keeping normal profile tires so the ride isn't too bumpy.

The great thing about it is how much fun it is to drive around with the top
off!  The terrible thing is that it becomes a magnet for opportunistic
thieves, hance why it got broken into the other night...

Take care!