Re: thieves strike in vermont!

If you are sure the car has it's original door handles, simply remove the
driver-side door handle and take it to the local dealership.  They will be
able to cut you a key from the code stamped on the side of the handle. (If
they're not being a PITA they should be able to cut you a key based on the
code over the phone - but some like the handle so they can verify the new
key works before charging you for it...) This assumes of course that the
handles and locks are all original. It also assumes that you can get into
the car - but if the thief got in, I guess they didn't bother locking it
after they left...?

Soory to hear about the rash of breakins.  My first GLI was broken into
once (screwdriver on the door trick) and although only a $15 multimeter
was stolen from the glove box (ignored toolbox and stereo in back seat,
thank heavens) I felt violated for months afterwards... In the end it was
another nail in the coffin that saw my wife and I moving back to the
country...

Drew (84 X 2)

On Thu, 23 Mar 2000, Jason Arms wrote:

> List,
>
> Whell my belovid GTI that i have on loan to my sister was broken into in my
> own f**ing driveway last night!  Luckally they weren't interested in taking
> any of the car.  Someone who didn't like my sis or something cause thay took
> her check book, bank card, cash, and the f**ing keys to the car!  They also
> left my rocco and bug alone too.  I don't have a spare key, so what the hell
> do i do?  I come home from school this weekend, for spring break, so maybee
> i will try to KILL the person/s who are/is responcible for this, or just go
> to the junkyard and try to ge an ignition, and all locks with a new key!
> anywhoo, just thought you guies would be interested in hearing about my
> missory.  Maybee i should design a laser guided missle system at the end of
> my driveway or something! :(
>
> Jason Arms
>
> '87 Scirocco 16v (hibernating)
> '64 Sunroof Beetle (livin a new life)(hibernating)
> '84 Rabbit GTI fucking burgergelers!
> '84 Jetta GLI (the skimobile)
> '84 Jetta GLI (parts car)everything is for sale!

Drew MacPherson, Network Analyst, University of Guelph

drew@dyermaker.cs.uoguelph.ca           |  visit the Massey-Harris page:
http://dyermaker.cs.uoguelph.ca/~drew   |  http://m-h.cs.uoguelph.ca