Re: 86 Scirocco

> I drive a 1986 VW Scirocco.  Today, as I was driving along like always, the
> engine just died.  When I tried starting it, the ignition would work, but
> the engine would not start.  Even after a few hours.  It was like I ran out
> of gas, but that's not the case.  And the battery is fully charged.  It was
> sudden and there have been no problems before this.  If anyone knows what
> the situation might be, please advise.  Thanks.

  same year, similar problem. there was a recall for the '86's that
involved the transfer pump in the fuel tank. this might be your problem.
when my car actually died when driving it, i found it was something
wrong with the fuel pump relay (number 69, i think; top-left in the fuse
box). i pulled it out and put it back in, heard the fuel pump go, and
the car started back up and drove fine. eventually i replaced the relay
altogether and haven't had a problem since. even got rid of some of the
hesitation i had in the morning.

--
 /\_/\	  Foxx (in a box)
< o o >	  http://foxx.tripod.com