Re: Mileage

At 07:02 PM 3/20/00 -0800, Timothy A Reed wrote:
>I topped off my tank today (before prices go up again), and calculated
>what my fuel consumption was (as I occasionally do).  26.5!?  What
>happened to the 32 or so that I'm used to?  This causes me concern that
>something may not be right.  I have had a change in driving conditions
>recently; I'm not on the highway nearly as much, and most of what I do is
>go to school (about 1.6 miles one way) so the car doesn't have much
>chance to warm up.  Could this have caused such a significant drop, or
>should I start looking elsewhere?
>
>-Timothy A. Reed, Esq.

I've also got the same prob... after 200 miles of easy driving with a mix
of 50% highway, 50% city, my car has used 3/4 of a tank of gas. Usually I
could get 300 miles when the needle hit the orange, but that is not the
case anymore. Any thoughts on where the gas is going? Could it be
contributing to my poor running engine? This is a 16v motor.

Tyler Zachau
ICQ # 1357564
tylerz@ieway.com
88 16v Scirocco "Paint me damnit!"