Oversteer?

I thought oversteer was a thing for mid-engine Porsches and such!  I took a
corner a little quick tonight, on wet pavement, and instead of the front
loosing grip the back did!  Very violent!!!  I had to corect for massive
oversteer.  I have okay struts, Yokohama 13 tires, basically a stock setup.
This has never happend to me before, was very unexpected, and makes me
wonder, what the hell happened?  BTW, this was on smooth new asphalt.