Re: Used Transmission

Well, German Parts Warehaus http://www.germanpartshaus.com/ in Rancho
Cordova, CA (Northern Cali) quoted $400 with exchange for your car.  I'd
check around more tho'...these guys are pretty high.  If you do decide to
get their rebuilt tranny, then how much more it's going to cost you depends
on how much your mechanic is going to charge you in labor to drop it
in....or maybe save that and do it yourself?

Now that I think of it, I know there's a strip in Arizona where the whole
road is nothing but junk yards for just about any car you can think of.  I
used to pass it on Highway 10 when I'd breeze between LA and New Mexico.
Any Arizona listers know what road that is?  It's a veritable VW parts
goldmine down there....

Steph