1986 Scirocco for sale

Hi everyone,

With my move to Calgary quickly approaching, I have decided to part company
with my '86 Volkswagen, as we only have space for one car and the wife has
dictated that our beloved Golf will come with us.  Here's the scoop:

1986 Volkswagen Scirocco
	~280,000 well maintained kilometres on the clock
	1.8 litre, 4 cylinder, Bosch fuel injected engine with 5-speed stick shift
	*very* comfortable Volkswagen bucket seats, full dashboard with speedo,
tach, fuel, engine temperature, oil temperature, oil pressure and voltage
gauges
	Power locks and mirrors
	Sunroof

Goodies:
	4 Hella quartz halogen headlights with relays for maximum lighting (VERY
bright)
	Supersprint 4 to 1 header and a new exhaust bought in November of 1999
	Crane 290 degree camshaft
	Techtonics adjustable cam sprocket
	Weber throttle body
	Mintex front brake pads
	Boge TurboGas struts
	H&R Springs
	Momo leather steering wheel and shift knob

Anyone who has spent any time with me and my cars knows that I am anal about
maintenance.  This means that the parts used to maintain and repair the car
are ORIGINAL VOLKSWAGEN parts.  I have selected a few aftermarket components
carefully; this has made a great car even more fun to drive.

I put the car on a rolling dynomometer last year to examine the engine's
performance throughout the powerband.  It showed a very linear power curve,
with power peaking at approximately 130 horsepower.  This is impressive for
a car that came with 95 horsepower in its stock state of repair.  I drove
this car on a daily basis for three years, so I can readily attest to the
reliability and driveability of this machine.

I am selling this car with 13" Volkswagen rims and a set of Bridgestone
Blizzak's used for only one winter.

The rear bumper for this car is currently removed, as it needed a fresh coat
of paint.  I have it (and the mounting hardware) in my closet at the moment.

My asking price is $2750 Canadian.  You can see this car on my website at
http://www.mikehelms.org/1986.html

Please contact me at mike@mikehelms.org if you are interested.

Thanks,
-- Mike