Re: oil light comes on sometimes

> I've noticed recently my oil light will come on or flicker on a
> couple of times around 40mph in 5th gear. I have an 86 16v.  Anyone
> got a clue on this one?  My first thought is not a good one.  Maybe
> my oil pump is getting ready to KO!!!
>
> However it's only during cruising low at around 40+mph. Not at full
> throttle or higher rpm or at idle.

What does your oil pressure gauge say?  (Don't tell me you're driving
a high performance automobile w/o an oil pressure gauge!)  The oil
pressure idiot light in my '82 Rabbit PU flickers periodically, in
spite of the fact that the gauge says I have 25-30 pounds at the head.
I seem to recall a post from somewhere that said this is a problem
when the electrical plug on the tranny isn't making good contact.
Does that ring a bell to any one?
-kevin in Texas