Re: Possible KILLED Tie Rod?

<snip>
>The wheel is bent on an angle in the fender
> and is not sitting in the middle of it anymore. It's
> right against it, near the door. The thing was a bitch
> to turn because I wanted to get it in the driveway. I
> threw it there, but I didn't have time to check it (2
> in the morning and snowing.) So what is it basically I
> should have to worry about? Tie Rod? Ball Joint?
> Should I worry about the strut tower or damage to the
> spring?

Paully...I can feel your pain!  I had a very similar occurence
with a curb in the rain last year...bent the wheel and the
car was barely drivable!  It just made me cringe...

I had to replace the control arm (visibly bent), the tie-rod,
the ball joint, the strut housing (and shock insert)...just to
be safe I even replaced the axle.  Luckily, when it was all back
together, the shop was able to align my roc sucessfully...they
said that if I had tweeked the frame that it wouldn't align
correctly.  Thankfully this wasn't the case!!
For your car, just check everything...make sure all that stuff
is straight and not bent...you may be lucky and only have to
replace the control arm and tie-rod.  Then hope that it will
align properly...good luck.
(email me if you have any questions)

=====