Re: wheel bearing?

On Fri, 10 Mar 2000 15:58:02 EST DNK006@aol.com writes:
> My car has been making a speed dependant grrr, or garara sound. Yep.
> I'm sure that audio-lization was really efficacious!  Anyway, I
recently
> tried a test to see if it changed under load, turning right the sound
goes away.
> Wheel bearing?
Yes.

> I hope not, but just to make sure, do all rabbit/jetta
> knuckles fit 8v Sciroccos?
> Thanks
> Ben
What year is it?

The small ball joint/90 mm hub carrier runs '75-78.
The regular ball joint/90 mm hub carrier runs '79-84.
The regular ball joint/100 mm hub carrier runs '85 and up.

You can use the '85 and up, Scirocco and Cabriolet hub carrier on '79 and
up Sciroccos.

Peter
'79 Scirocco 16V project car
'80 Scirocco, '88 Scirocco 16V,  '84 Scirocco 2.0, '83 GTI
To reply to the Scirocco list click here:
<mailto:thescirocco@juno.com,scirocco-l@scirocco.org>