CIS-E Timing problems! (16v)

List,
        My 86 16v car is having some timing problems. While driving the
car it feels as if the timing doesn't want to advance and the car will
start misfiring really bad. I think it is vacuum related since when I
remove the vacuum line going to the ignition control module the problem
completely goes away. All the vacuum lines are new, and this problem is
very annoying. Another sympton is that the idle will stick around
1200-2000 after I take it out of gear coming to a stoplight. If I tap
the brake pedal a few times it will start going back down to 1000. Can
anyone help me with this? I really would like to get this car running
right. Thanks,

Gary Huff