Re: [now non-roc]Re: Radiator Fan Question

Regenerative braking does not charge a battery. I'm an electric forklift
mechanic and a great majority of the machinery I work on uses regenerative
braking. What it actually does is just return what has already been taken.
Regen braking actually works when you apply a reverse polarity to the motor
in order to slow the vehicle. Now, when you do that, there's a bunch of
energy basically that has nothing to do, nowhere to go. If left with no
where to go, it turns into heat. The regen redirects this energy back into
the battery so as not to toast your motor and electronic devices. There is
no charging taking place.  They do, however, use a diode setup that actually
can allow an electric motor to produce some of it's own energy. But, again,
this just lessens the load on the battery, it does not produce any gains in
charge.

Sorry, school's over...

Ryan M