Re: [Sciroccos] Be Nice To The Newbie

--- Kevin Stoddard <herephydeaux@juno.com> wrote:
> Hi,
> I signed on to the Scirocco mailing list about 3 days ago
> when I stumbled
> onto a deal for an '80 M&M green Scirocco.  It's
> painfully stock, apart
> from the Kamei air dam, and in need of a healthy dose of
> TLC, but I got
> it realllllly cheap.

Hmmm.  You're in Texas, and the car is bright green.  There
used to be a guy on the list (Dave something or other I
think) that had a project '80 that he painted that color,
complete with the Kamei air dam, wonder if it's perhaps the
same car?  He used to have a website detailing the progress
but I don't remember the URL...   wonder what happened to
him anyway?

  I took it out and thrashed it a
> little on a twisty
> country road this evening, and that's about the most fun
> I've had with my
> clothes on in as long as I can remember.

Understandably.  :)))))

> but I'm curious
> what I can do to build a potent JH that my wife could
> still enjoy
> driving.  (ie, I'm not trying to build an autox-er, just
> a "healthy"
> daily driver.)

I'd say go with a g-grind cam, GTI t.b. and a nice 2"
exhaust.

Now I'll run my
> spell checker so
> you won't tease me about my spelling,... some of y'all
> show no mercy!!

LOL!

We just LOVE picking on Jonas is all.  Make sure to apply
for your Jonas De-Coder ring so you can actually understand
what he's trying to say in his posts.  ;p

Welcome to the list.

=====
Daun Yeagley
'80 Scirocco S