RE: Mounts...

On Thu, 9 Mar 2000, Julie Macfarlane wrote:

> I have done the rearmount already, but not the others. The front one looks
> really loose. I can't find a drawing to show me where the bolt hole is
> supposed to be.... Top or bottom of the "ring".

Check out my web page, in the photo section
(http://erisian.com/~oseiler/scirocco/photos/). I have a picture I was
sent up there which shows the proper orientation. Techtonics also has a
picture in their catalog (http://www.tttuning.com/).

It's more work than the rear mount (tranny) and I'd recommend a jack to
lift the engine up. Bolting the mount to the engine first and then using
the jack to get the bolt hole lined up worked well for me. Doing it in the
reverse order was difficult (gave up trying).

-Oliver

Oliver Seiler -- Software Developer, Pivotal Software, http://www.pivotal.com
    Scirocco MkII Diary - http://erisian.com/~oseiler/scirocco/index.html