Re: Radiator Fan Question

Benjamin Wood wrote:

> As I live in the Dallas area, I was considering forcing my radiator fan to
> run full blast as long as the motor is running to keep everything as cool as
> possible.  Is this a bad idea?  Any suggestions for what to tap to run the
> fan only when the motor is running? Other issues?
>
> Many thanks!
> Benjamin Wood
> 84 Scirocco
> 93 RS America

See?, the List Has Spoken.  :)

All good stuff, I'd add you should look to the up coming change
in season to do a spring make over for your cooling system.

- Back flush.
- Phosphate free 60/40 - 50/50 mix coolant/distilled water.
- New Thermostat, 180 deg.

Have your timing and air to fuel ratio checked by a good shop
(sniffer up the tail pipe type place) to verify your not running
hot because of some other problem.

hth,
TBerk