Re: 16v tranny/clutch problem. Suggestions?

@ things it could be: ring gear rivets do not want to be friends anymore and
have machined a hole in the tranny case or the pushrod bushing is bad and
consequently is leaking gear oil on the clutch disc. Either way you still
need to pull the tranny. HTH

>Hello everyone,
>
>Ben just hobbled his car in today with a slippidy
>clutch.  All of a sudden, it was not functioning
>correctly.  YEsterday it was fine.  When I got there
>to take a look, the garage smelled like tranny fluid.
>And behold! there was a puddle of it under the car.
>I'm just guessing that some seal broke and the clutch
>is now getting lubricated with tranny juice.
>
>Anybody have this happen before?  I guess I'll have to
>pull my first tranny to see what's going on in there.
>
>-'Chung

Chris DeLong
ICQ#45030867
Seattle, WA USA
'80 16V Rag
'80 Rocco (new!)
'82 GLI (now with a happy shaved, solenoid operated trunk)
'80 'Vert
'61 17 Window
'78 Scirocco