Motor mounts and inserts

My engine, dash, door panels, steering wheel, etc.
were vibrating like nuts at idle when I bought my car
in December. So I decided to replace all the motor
mounts, and put polyurethane inserts in for good
measure. When I got the old motor mounts off, the rear
looked pretty good still, the front snubber was
cracked in two, the transmission mount was a bit worn,
and the passenger side was completely screwed(the
offset hole was on the opposite side it should be on
and look melted). After several hours with a press and
banging the inserts into place I was ready to put the
mounts back on. All where pretty easy except for the
damn passenger side, aligning the hole seemed to be
the biggest pain in the ass.

After everything was back together and I started her
up I was shocked that there was almost no difference
in the vibration(maybe a 15% improvement). Two
mechanics that have seen my engine say they think the
polyurethane inserts are the source of my problem
because they are too firm.

What do you think? Should I take those friggen inserts
out, or is there some other common problem with engine
idle vibration? My timing is OK, my belts are OK,
compression #1=180, #2=165, #3=175, #4=180.

Jeff...