Re: injectors

Nope - this is perfectly normal.  Assuming you have a standard 8v, the
injectors are simply push-fit into plastic seats in the head, with a rubber
o-ring about 1/2" down the body of the injector providing an air-tight seal
against the seat. The seat is just a push-fit as well.  16v engine are
different - not sure if the injector is screw in but I think the seat is a
screw-in.
Start by giving the tops of the injectors a good squirt with WD40.
If you want to just disconnect the injector lines, the easiest method that
I've found is to lever-up the injector, with a large screwdriver under the
nut, just enough to get a spanner (12mm I think) under the nut, therefore
stopping the injector body from turning. You should then be able to undo the
union nut with a 13 or 14 mm spanner. You need to be careful that you don't
put too much sideways leverage on the injector body otherwise you can snap
the top off.  It's probably safer to completely remove the injector before
disconnecting.  You can do this without the special tool by, once you have
the 12mm spanner under the union nut as above, using a large screwdriver
levering under the spanner head and that should lift the injector straight
out. I've done it many times with no problem.  Again, if you squirt some
WD40 on the injector before you start it'll usually come out much easier.
If you do take out the injectors, get a set of the rubber o-rings as they
will almost certainly need replacing.

HTH

Ewan Hopkins.
'85 2.0 Storm.