Re: Clutch, hydraulic?

Shawn C Meze wrote:

> I think its a buttload more trouble than its worth. Its so much easier to
> just change the stock cable (non-selfadjusting) every 6 months than to
> fuss with a hyd setup. How are you going to mount the slave cylinder?
> Naw, too much hassle. Too much to fabricate unless you're really into
> that sort of thing.

I agree wholeheartedly.  I prefer my "manual" cable-operated clutch
to the hydro unit in my GTI *immensely*.  In fact - I have put the
GTI up for sale to concentrate on my Scirocco addiction.  Screw the
newer stuff!!  Clutch cables, CIS-E, non-OBD, squeaky-rattly-leaky
shit RULES!!

-kc-
'86.5 16V 2.0
'99 GTI GLX (for sale)