Re: [8v,JH] timing belt noise?

On Sun, 5 Mar 2000, Chris DeLong wrote:

> Oliver, why dont you change all 3 seals and the little oring behind the
> intermediate shaft seal holder while you are in there. It would be a good
> idea to do this. That way you dont have to go back in there for a long time.

Well, I did change the intermediate shaft seal, but I have a couple
problems with the crankshaft. First off the bolt is torqued way too tight;
I'll need to get somebody with an impact wrench to help me get it off so I
can take off the crankshaft timing belt pulley. Then I've got two bolts on
the plate which holds the crankshaft oil seal whose heads have broken off
(this is where my main oil leak is coming from). Getting the bolt unstuck
is the first thing I have to do.

Also, does anyone know where, in relation to the valve cover, the timing
mark on the camshaft pulley goes? I don't have the rear drive belt cover
installed (don't have one period) so I can't measure it against that which
is where it's supposed to be measured against. How high above the valve
cover (or is it even with it)?

Thanks,
Oliver

Oliver Seiler -- Software Developer, Pivotal Software, http://www.pivotal.com