Re: [8v,JH] timing belt noise?

Oliver, why dont you change all 3 seals and the little oring behind the
intermediate shaft seal holder while you are in there. It would be a good
idea to do this. That way you dont have to go back in there for a long time.

> > Either the belt is too tight or the tensioner bearing is bad. Did you
> > replace this when you did the belt?
>
>Yeah, I did both, so it's sounding like the belt is too tight (good thing
>I'll at least be getting the belt covers off today, and may have to take
>the belt off as well if I'm able to change the crankshaft oil seal
>today...)
>
>Thanks,
>Oliver
>
>Oliver Seiler -- Software Developer, Pivotal Software,
>http://www.pivotal.com
>     Scirocco MkII Diary - http://erisian.com/~oseiler/scirocco/index.html

Chris DeLong
ICQ#45030867
Seattle, WA USA
'80 16V Rag
'80 Rocco (new!)
'82 GLI (now with a happy shaved, solenoid operated trunk)
'80 'Vert
'61 17 Window
'78 Scirocco