Re: HELP! DAMN! HELP! BROKEN STUD!

I did this on my 80 a few years ago...broke that sucker right off!  I asked
the dealer about it and the two studs are mounted to a plate welded to the
inside of the frame rail.  No way to get to it without major surgery.  I
drilled up through the center of what was left of the stud, tapped it for an
M12 bolt (I think that's what size it was) and then put a bolt in from the
bottom.  Oh yeah...I put ANTI-SEIZE on the bolt and the other three nuts.

Good luck!  I was pissed that I had made my car useless in a tenth of a
second...
I was glad that I was able to fix it.

Tom