SV: solid lifter 16v?

Hi

Haven't done that too a 16V head but a 8V head, and the things too do it the same.

It's no rocket science but you need access too a machine shop.
First thing too do it find cams intended for mechanical lifters, second is too see if they can rotate free or if you have too clearance them.
When this is done you need too remove the hydralic insert in the lifter, and in there you may have too do some machining to make room for a shims too adjust valve clearance.
Too do this you need too have the cams and see how much the base circel on the cam is changed.
Now it's time too plug all oil outlets too the lifters, this is easiest done by drilling and tapping and then loctite a small headfree bolt.

You have now a mechanical head ready too use.

Roland Johansson, Swedish Viking
Scirocco 1,8T -82
Http://hem.passagen.se/toker