Sightings and the list

--- dale witt <dalewitt@express-news.net> wrote:
> Jason is right on this one.  I was surprised that
> people were getting upset
> over reported Scirocco sightings.  I have been
> driving them for 21 years now
> and still turn and look with interest anytime I see
> one on the road.  I
> still turn around and admire my rocs when I get out
> of the car and walk away
> from it.  Why would there be a Scirocco list if we
> were not all a
> bit fanatical about these super cars?  Finding one
> on the road that belongs
> to a list member may be like finding a needle in a
> hay stack....but it is
> still cool.  Just my 2 cents worth.

I'll have to weigh in with Dale here.

The list is not just a technical discussion of
Sciroccos, but much more. It is a source for
diagnostic and technical advice, hard to get parts,
history and trivia, and most importantly to me - it
has been a catalyst to make friends with others that
share my passion for these cars.

Because of this list, I have met people face to face
and have established friendships with a fine bunch of
people local to me (I would not have met them without
this list). On a grander scale, I have also made great
friends all over the country and indeed all over the
globe.

=====
Mark Peele
1981 Scirocco S, 1982 Scirocco, 1978 Scirocco, 1987 Golf GT
http://www.scirocco2.de/mark.htm
Direct Mail: SCIROCCO_GTX@YAHOO.COM
Need parts? try http://www.parts4vws.com/ (Potterman)
or http://www.germanautoparts.com/ (Adirondack)