rear drums

So I go to bleed my brake system last night (85 8V), figuring its probably
been years since a po did it.  Well, first rear drum, put the box wrench on,
slight pressure, snap goes the valve.

So, what are my options here?  Its not leaking, so I am able to drive it
right now, but I want this fixed.  I have never worked on drum brakes
before, but the bentley makes it seem like I can replace the wheel cylinder
which the valve goes into it.  Is it that easy, and how much do these cost?

On a related issue - sorry to ask what has got to be repeat question- but
what exactly would I need to convert to rear disks?  Besides the wheel,
calipers, rotors, etc. and master cylinder?  What about hoses, and pedals
and ebrake cable stuff?  Might just take this opportunity to spend some more
time and money!  Thanks..

Brad