Re: Bad Sounds (hopefully not expensive)

On Tue, Jun 27, 2000 at 01:15:34PM -0700, Shannon Fenton wrote:

>   Started hearing some not so good sounds from my 16V  the other day.  Sound
> was similar to that spinning kind of thump you would hear if a tire was flat
> or incredibly out of alignment.  But- tires are fine and my steering wheel
> doesn't rumble or shake.  The noise goes up and down exactly with the speed
> of the car, a little less noticeable when I'm not accelerating.
>
>   ANY thoughts from the list?  Took a look in, around, and under the front
> end but didn't se anything totally out of whack.

On my friend's jetta, we had this exact same noise. Turned out to be a CV
boot that had torn and was spinning off-balance.

Dan

--
People that are really very weird can get into sensitive positions and
have a tremendous impact on history.

		-- Dan Quayle

(Or they can be Vice President of the United States.)