Re: Rejoining the fold - 89 Scirocco

On Tue, 27 Jun 2000, Nathan Marentette wrote:

> 	Larger fuel tank is good too .. the tranny in those
> cars, is it still the close ratio I was used to in my
> 84 wolfsburg scirocco ?  i wouldn't have minded a taller
> fifth gear, but ripping up through those first four is
> a real blast.  I think the gearbox in my 86 GTI is the
> perfect compromise .. maybe I'll do some kinda switcheroo
> :)

If your 84 Wolfsburg was like mine and had a 4K, then the 9A which is
likely in the 89 will seem a bit taller, but only because of the 3.67
final drive, versus the 3.94 final drive in the 4K.  Of course you will be
used to that, as your 86 GTI should have a 9A, if it's stock.

Drew
84 Wolfsburg Ed.

Drew MacPherson, Network Analyst, University of Guelph

drew@dyermaker.cs.uoguelph.ca           |  visit the Massey-Harris page:
http://dyermaker.cs.uoguelph.ca/~drew   |  http://m-h.cs.uoguelph.ca